Top posts

Featured Posts

Pakatan solves seats issue in Sarawak

MIRI: The Sarawak Pakatan Rakyat coalition has resolved 90% of its seat allocations in Sarawak. State liasion chief Baru Bian said the balance 10% was not an issue.

"We have settled 90% of the seat allocations between Pakatan Rakyat component parties "There is still a lot of flexibility and space to resolve the remaining 10%. We will work closely with each other to ensure our victory,” he told newsmen in Miri today.
Also present at the press conference were state DAP chairman Wong Ho Leng, Mohamad Sabu from PAS, SNAP president Edwin Dundang Bugak, DAP Miri chairman Fong Pau Teck, and PAS Miri chief Jofri Jeraee.

The press conference was held in conjunction with Pakatan leader Anwar Ibrahim's touch-base visit to Sarawak.

Confident of doing well
Speaking to newsmen Anwar said Pakatan was prepared to take on the Barisan Nasional in the next state election which is due before July 2011.
He said the party was ready for straight fights in all 71 constituencies in the state.
“The state Pakatan is convinced that our candidates will do well in a contest against BN. We are confident of winning and taking over the government,” said Anwar who is also PKR's de facto leader.
Sarawak Pakatan comprises PAS, DAP, PKR and the Sarawak Nasional Party (SNAP).
Sarawak Pakatan is expected to come up with its own manifesto soon which will include native customary land issues among others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog